Monday, August 27, 2007

Honey! I'm Home!

Yes I have returned to the blogosphere! And I have to say, I don't know about you guys, but it feels really good to be home.

It also feels really good not to be in a lot of pain anymore.

Can I just say that when people tell you, "At least you've got your health" when really you are pissed off because you've just been dumped or there is no more cake or something, well it takes going through something like wisdom teeth removal to understand how true that phrase really is. But even more than that it makes you admire the people out there who are dealing with things ten times as worse, with medications that are ten times more intrusive, and man, props, serious props to all of them and for their ability to maintain sanity. I honestly don't know how they do it.

Let's just say, I'm not the best patient. For many many reasons, but mostly because I am not the one thing that the role requires. Patient.

Anyway. Back to the world of writing and the books and news etc. Today we'll start off slow as I do have a nice little rant I would like to do tomorrow. So for now, some pictures and a link:

Yes we have a couple more pictures of people and MY BOOK (please folks keep 'em coming) this time from Ireland (one of my wonderful and glamorous blog readers):


And Scotland (fellow blogger and AWer Nichola):




And next a link to the NY Post who this past Saturday listed Alex as a "Post Potter Pick" which I have to admit, is just a tiny bit kinda cool.

Anyway, hope you are all in good health, seriously I can't even tell you how much I mean that, and I gots to say, I really missed you guys! Thank you so much for all the well wishes and wisdom teeth empathy! Oh and I just had to repost my analogy that I wrote in the comments section comparing postpartum play depression and wisdom teeth removal because it is simply brilliant:

Doing a play is a bit like getting your wisdom teeth removed. There is a lot of pain and effort into the doing of it, but then it gets done, most often successfully, and then all that remains is a hollow emptiness.

Thank you, thank you.

6 comments:

Nichola said...

Oh look! There be me, I be! :D

J m mcdermott said...

That handsome fellow in Ireland looks WAY too much like he might be related to me.

I must avoid Ireland. There might I actually find this Irish-American's doppelganger.

Of course, I'll be holding the American version, and he'll be holding the UK version, so you can tell my doppel and me apart like that.

LindaBudz said...

Great mini review in The Post! Yea!!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sorry about the wisdom teeth. I remember being most unhappy when mine got yanked. (And it turned out I had SIX of them, which did not make me any wiser but did necessitate extra digging around by the dentist. Stupid teeth.)

Great point about appreciating what people in chronic pain go through--I don't know how they manage. The least little thing hurts for me and I just want to curl up in a little ball and die.

Can't wait for Sept 18--it's definitely on my must-read list!

Adrienne said...

nichola - there be ye indee. . .d

jmm - On the contrary, I think you must search out your doppelganger and write the tale of your adventures!

linda - serious yay! The printed version even has a picture of the cover on it!

crabby - thanks! It really does make you appreciate good health doesn't it? I can't wait for the 18th too!

John Robison said...

Good to see you're back and I hope all is well

Woof!