Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BEA

BEA stands for the Book Expo of America. It's a huge trade show for the publishing industry, all concerned with buying and selling, can be rather overwhelming, and it begins this week. Last year I went with the lovely Lesley and we had an absolute blast. This year the BEA is in LA (as opposed to NY last year), making it a little more costly for yours truly to attend, so I will not be going. This makes me a bit sad as I had a totally awesome time last year. So I've decided I would link to my synopsis of last year's event, just for those of you who are new to the blog and didn't read it, and also out of nostalgia because that's the sort of person I am:

Adrienne and Lesley's excellent BEA adventure of 2007 (you will note that since that trip Lesley now has a two book deal with Harper Collins - amazing what can happen in a year!)

I shall however be attending the Book Expo of Canada in June, signing copies of the paperback version of Alex (details to follow closer to the date).

And this Saturday I will be participating in the opening weekend celebration of the new bookstore Type on the Danforth, so do come along if you are in the area:

TYPE Bookstore Danforth
503 Danforth Avenue, Toronto
OPENING WEEKEND CELEBRATION
Saturday May 31, 1:00 pm
Reading

No comments: